Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Votors say they cast their ballots against Obama, Pelosi

Election day was also judgement day for many Democrats.  Republicans now have control of the House and have picked up at least six seats in the Senate.  Many voters that were interviewed said that they found many candidates guilty by association.  They were reluctant to vote Democrat because they do not like the direction of the Obama administration.  Four in ten voters said they backed Republican House candidates as a way to thumb their nose at Obama.  When asked about the election, Obama recognized that his party had taken a "shellacking."  Voters said it was simply because they were in general, not happy with the direction in which the Obama administration is leading our country.

If I were Obama, this election would probably make me start second guessing my goals for our country.  If voters were choosing Republican candidates just to stick it to me, I think that shows we have a pretty serious problem.  The American people are now starting to realize that Obama isn't all he is cracked up to be.  The democrats might actually end up hurting our economy rather than helping it.  In my opinion the last presidential election was strictly racial.  People put the real issues on the back burner and focused more on the superficial appearances.  Now Americans are starting to realize that maybe that wasn't such a good idea.  I am glad that the Republicans are gaining power again and I hope that they can start making changes and get our nation back on the right track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment